Reuters Football - UK Football

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 5 - Vancouver

This is getting to be a habit, we are up at 5.30 am and both hungry. At least I scared the crap out of myself - literally - I bought some pills for cement bowels and hey presto did the business - again literally and didn't have to take anything. So its back to the eat everything in site approach to holidaying. It is probably a chemical reaction to being relaxed and having fun. Enough about my bowels, where was I, ah yes, off to the Opal lounge for brekkie and run through the schedule for today.

As I am not required until 12.40 I decide to see if the camera manual and my camera savvy brother-in-law can shed any light (pun intended) on the crappy picture debacle. I get a few ideas and try them out with some moderate success. I suppose the positive thing is I have learned a load more about camera settings and operation.


This is an example of one of the better ones, so not to bad I think. The rest of the day is taken up with convention stuff, the highlight being these two in the picture. What a scream, I haven't laughed so much for ages, Hewlett is worth the cost of the ticket on his own, brilliant.

So the second Canucks play-off game is on at 7 pm which means I get to rest on the bed and watch it. All we have to do is get up to the Opal lounge for some food at some point.

Good selection tonight. Rice, pork, beef skewers, spring rolls with sweet & sour, sandwiches, two yummy sweets, crudities, mixed nuts, crisps, and the usual selection of hot and cold drinks. Really good value as it is free with the executive floor rooms. Hockey is going well, Canucks 2 LA Kings 0 after the fist period. GO CANUCKS GO. I didn't mean go missing in defence and let in two goals. So overtime it is then, and lost 3-2 after conceding a powerplay. W***ers.

Goodnight all.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the message with get to Chevron they turn down the house lights these days as well....

    Kriss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your photo is quite good considering your seats. I am interested in your settings if you care to share. :)

    ReplyDelete